If you are seeking an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that cares, invests and leads, Secure24 is a setting that will deliver. To become a secure technician you must first join our team of retained staff. As a retained secure technician you will be trained as if you were full time and have the opportunity to put your knowledge and skills into practice. Once you have passed your probational exams will you have an opportunity to apply for a full time role as and when we recruit throughout the year. Depending on your experiences there are opportunities to by-pass our retained phase and you should speak to a member of our operations team for more details on this.
Please view our job board below for any current opportunities. If there a no job posts showing, this means we are not currently recruiting but please do come back and check or contact our HR team via our contact page.
Secure24 is a professional organisation that responds to a range of dynamic and complex situations to support people with mental illnesses, challenging behaviour, and other areas of care requiring a secure approach.
Position: Secure Technician (Retained)
We are looking for focused, compassionate, professional and motivated individuals to join our team of retained staff. This role will be suited to those with a keen interest in care, security and public services. Applicants must be confident in working with risk, physiologically and physically fit, and with a responsible attitude and the ability to assess situations and respond quickly.
Our retained staff consist of professionals who mostly have a primary income and supplement this with working shifts at Secure24.
You will receive full training and work in an experienced team in a specialist ambulances to safely manage the transfer of adults and children to and from different care facilities. Your duties will include ambulance driving and wearing PPE including sometimes the need to wear body armour.
Shifts will mostly vary between 4 - 14 hours starting at different times of the day.
Experience in the ambulance, security or mental health sector is desirable. Those with any Blue Light qualifications would make this known at application stage and also those with a C1 licence.
Location: East Grinstead, RH19 1XP
1. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted.
2. Shortlisted applicants will undergo a video interview and shortlisted.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to induction training.
4. Successful applicants will be given a conditional offer of employment subject to employment checks and successfully completing 6 months’ probation which will include additional training.
• Applicants must be aged 25 or above due to vehicle insurance restrictions
• Applicants must have access to their own means of transport
• Applicant must live within 45 minutes of RH19 1XP
• Applicants must be in good psychological and physical fitness and will need to complete a medical questionnaire and fitness assessment
• Applicants must have excellent customer service and communication skills in both the English written and spoken language
• Applicants must be well presented
• Cat B Driving License (manual) held for a minimum of 24 months with no more than 6 penalty points. Cat C1 preferred but not essential as C1 training will be provided.
• Free training
• Continuous Professional Development
• Annual leave (equivalent to 28 days)
• Career opportunities within an expanding organisation
• Contract Type: Zero hours