BWV AT SECURE 24
Body-Worn Video (BWV) providing support to both your staff and our medical clients.
As a secure ambulance transport provider transporting patients with mental health and complex needs between healthcare facilities, our commitment centres around the well-being and safety of both the patients and our dedicated staff. A significant portion of the patients we transport experience mental health illnesses, which can occasionally result in them exhibiting challenging behaviours.
Body Worn Video cameras provide unparalleled support to our clients ensuring every stage of our planned journeys are recorded as well as our approach to the patients we transport. Our clients need our support in providing accurate reports to them to demonstrate their decision to use Secure24 was the right one! BWV provides video proof of every aspect of our strategic aim to improve patient safety, staff protection and ensure client confidence.
We believe that the HALO Horizon is the best camera available with its IP68 waterproof certification as well as its AES256 data encrypted files.
Here’s how BWV cameras are reshaping safety within our organisation and the healthcare secure transportation sector:
- Accountability and Transparency: BWV cameras provide an unbiased and objective record of events. This can hold individuals accountable for their actions and discourage misconduct.
- Protection from False Accusations: As a result of wearing and using BWV, our staff can protect themselves from false accusations. The recorded footage can serve as an objective record of their actions in case they are wrongly accused of any wrongdoing. This has proved invaluable over the years since their inception, squashing a handful of false allegations.
- Trust: The use of BWV cameras can enhance trust between us, our clients, and their patients. When healthcare professionals and patients see that we are using cameras to document both theirs and our interactions, they may feel more confident that their rights are being respected and our actions are correct.
- Training and Learning: BWV footage can be used for training purposes. We can review the footage to identify areas of learning and for improvement leading to safer practices.
- Conflict Resolution: When disputes or conflicts arise, BWV footage can be used to resolve disagreements by providing an accurate account of what happened. This can help prevent escalation and violence.
- Deterrence: The presence of BWV cameras can deter patients from acting aggressively.
- Evidence Collection: BWV footage can serve as important evidence when investigating various incidents. It can help establish facts, provide context, and aid in decision making.
- Patient Improved Actions: Not only does BWV deter bad behaviour, but it also encourages positive behaviour. People tend to act more civilly and professionally when they know they are being recorded, leading to safer interactions.
- Confidence: Knowing the actions of our staff are also being monitored increases confidence in the patients we are supporting, they can be rest assured that our interactions with them can be held better held to account.
While BWV cameras offer several benefits for improving safety, their effectiveness also depends on proper policies and procedures governing their use, data storage, and access to ensure privacy rights are protected while enhancing accountability and transparency. At Secure24 we take the use of BWV and the protection of those who may be recorded seriously, with robust policies, procedures and data holding controls in place.